LGBTQ+ Health System Navigator
The Health System Navigator will work closely to engage Black and Latino gay and bisexual men into services designed to build self-efficacy in managing their health. This includes community outreach and recruitment, providing support services to maintain adherence to medical treatment, mental health services, and other HIV prevention and care services as needed. Individuals hired to serve as Health System Navigators should have experience working with LGBTQ client population. Bilingual/bicultural applicants encouraged to apply.
The Health System Navigator will provide services to clients by:
1. facilitating access to prevention and treatment services for clients, including persons at high risk of HIV infection, those who are newly diagnosed or sporadically in care
2. conducting outreach via social media, social networks, collaboration with other HIV testing and service programs, and other mechanisms
3. helping clients understand basic HIV prevention strategies, medical treatment information, understanding lab results
4. providing emotional support in coping with HIV diagnosis and managing care
5. assisting clients in developing a treatment adherence plan
6. advocating for clients internally and at other health care and service organizations
7. supporting clients to remain in care by helping navigate the medical and social service delivery system
8. assisting clients to build capacity to manage their care coordination
9. helping clients develop harm/risk reduction strategies for a variety of sexual and drug use behaviors, and providing ongoing reinforcement of these
1. Interest, knowledge, and experience in working with target population.
2. Knowledge of HIV prevention and treatment.
3. Experience and interest in working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
4. Background as community outreach worker, treatment advocate, or consumer representative.
5. Culturally competent, with a holistic, sensitive and nonjudgmental stance
6. High school diploma or GED. Counseling certificate or degree preferred.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to